I love the work of [Edward Gorey]. Simple as that.
He was a strange dude, no doubt, and did tend to live up to his last name. But, putting that aside, I find this early gothic artwork quite inspiring, as I love ink. His ability to to pull nonsense out of thin air is just something else, too.
It kills me to know I was within a few miles of/passed his house (now a museum after his death) just a few years ago when we visited Cape Cod. Sadly, we probably wouldn't have had time to visit, but if I had know about him, I'm sure we could have squeezed it in....gaaah.
Oh well.
Apparently, I'm not the only one who agrees that his work is pretty rad. Just look at all the Gorey things out there...

So many people have this tattoo, it's insane.

These two were working on making their bedroom Gorey.


I almost flew into bits at the sight of these Gashlycrumb spoon rings. A win.

And the Gashlycrumb Tinies come even tinier in this here necklace.

On a T-shirt, apparently.

Fashionable, indeed.


The coolest lunch boxes ever.

Yup, necktie.

Totebags...
All sorts of stuffed creatures....
Even soap.-----------------------------
And the list goes on.
But one cannot fully appreciate all this business unless you indulge yourselves in his dark, nonsensical, gothic, eerie, gory, multi-lingual works.
The Amphigorey collection is the best, BEST place to start. I received the first book for Christmas, and it was just a golden moment, I tell you.

So there you have it. And introduction to one of the most interesting ink artists I know of.
Time for bed.