Sunday, February 6, 2011

Loves.

So, I recently racked up a whole bunch of blogs to follow, and [here's] one I particularly adore. Sarah Townsend happens to be the wife of [Julian Smith], and her blog is one of those that I am easily drawn into, and I'm not sure why. Anyways, she does this thing called "Things I Love Thursdays", and I am all in favor of that. Whether I want to discipline myself to thinking of something I love EVERY Thursday, I don't know, but I think it's a nice idea to sit back and rattle off some things you love every once in a while. Doesn't have to be deep, but if you want to learn how to live more in the present, this is a step in the right direction.



Five Things I Love Today:


I. Cheese Crackers: I'm currently indulging in some of Target's Chickadees™ right now, which are like Goldfish™, only even more toasted. Nothin' like sharp cheddar to wake you up happily in the morning.


II. Norse Mythology: I'm still reading that book, and it's like reading the source where Tolkien got his inspiration. Perfect with a dose of Sigur Rós and gloomy weather.


III. Area Rugs: We have a big Persian-esque rug in the middle of our apartment, and I sometimes think how less cozy this place would be without it.

IV. Houseplants: My parents brought my plants to my apartment last week, and there's nothing like little organic green shapes to brighten your day.



V. Armchairs: It's a snuggly chair day, and except for the portion I will spend at a coffee shop, I think the rest of my day will be spent sorting laundry and sitting in our big squishy armchair.
Perhaps even while listening to [this] Andrew Bird song...


So try it. Make a list of things that make you glad. It'll slow you down for a minute and help you get a grip on the little enjoyable things around you.


Aight. Peas.