Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ghibli.


This week has been entirely dedicated to Studio Ghibli, as far as me and my apartment maties are concerned. It also coincides with Japan's awful natural disasters, which was unintended, but it's important to keep all those people in our thoughts and prayers.

Studio Ghibli, if you don't know (which I didn't until a few weeks or months ago) is a probably the most famous Japanese animation studio ever. They're in alliance with Disney, or something, so when a new film comes out, Disney helps dub it and put it out in the US. Something like that.

Anyway, these marvelous animations have found a place in my cartoon-loving heart this week, and I think you should check 'em out, too.

My personal favorite, [Howl's Moving Castle], is available to watch on Google, much to my surprise.

Others I can seen so far include My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, and Spirited Away, and I am informed that others, such as Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky should also be on my list.

Apparently, Studio Ghibli could be going under in the next few years, which would be very sad, so get out and see the next films they're putting out! Go go go!


And enjoy these whimsical and very culturally reflecting animations. (for you Disney cartoon people, brace yourselves for something new and worth digesting)